About

Welcome to the world wide headquarters for Monster Kolor. This interactive community is a place for all who are interested in the custom painting of toys of all kinds. Feel free to look around, but I encourage you to join in.

Members

Events

Share Us !

Featured Member

Groups

Sponsors

Monster Kolor Application Instructions

1. Wipe figure down 2-3 times with 70% rubbing alcohol THROUGHLY ! (even in the hard to reach areas) No Primer Required.

2 Pour color directly into airbrush..For brighter color application shake up & spray white base as your first coat and then layer your colors on top of the white.

3. Layer your colors in sequence from light to dark. Example : White,Yellow,Orange,Blue, Purple,etc
Color can be poured back into bottle to eliminate waste

4. After Colors are applied now you can add specialty paints direct over paints. Example : Pearls,Flakes,etc

Note : the colors will appear dull in appearence up to this point. Dont worry this is correct.

5. Clear Coat : Use in a well ventilated area! Must use an OSHA approved respirator while spraying. This is a 2 component system. It is mixed 2:1 ( 2 parts clear 1 part activator) . Mix small amount with mixing cup provided. For micro mixture please mix 1 part clear ½ part activator.

NOTE: If you are using matte clear coat use one light coat to achieve matte effect. If you apply heavy coats it will want to look glossy.

Usually, 1 coat of clear is all that’s required for the desired gloss level. If you chose to do 2 coats please allow 15 minutes wait time before 2nd coat of clear application.

6. Place figure in a dust free environment at 60 degrees or warmer for 24 hours to cure.

7. If your going to store Monster Kolor for a long period of time between uses I recommend placing the cap plugs back into the bottles to avoid air getting into the bottle and possibly evaporating the solvents out of the paint.

Views: 5626

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for the reply matt!

also wanted to ask if the paints were gonna be available individually?

I like to spray using silver as a base and transparents over them, is why I ask ^_^
Yes , individual colors (silver) will be available soon.

OsirisOrion said:
thanks for the reply matt!

also wanted to ask if the paints were gonna be available individually?

I like to spray using silver as a base and transparents over them, is why I ask ^_^
The clear coat has yet to reach full cure, but is still more effective than anything I've seen. Is it some sort of epoxy?
Jack , just be sure its kept 60 degrees or above during the drying process. Its a activated system to provide ultimate durability and gloss. Please show off your project.

Jack Fields said:
The clear coat has yet to reach full cure, but is still more effective than anything I've seen. Is it some sort of epoxy?
This here's central florida. No way is the temp going below 60. I'll show off as soon as I have a camera. It's a pink glittery M1 Pestar, and I'm so proud of him I might call him my spirit animal (even though I didn't use your actual paints on him). But I might be even more proud of my upcoming marmit ghidora with gold body and rainbow wings.

Dead Presidents said:
Jack , just be sure its kept 60 degrees or above during the drying process. Its a activated system to provide ultimate durability and gloss. Please show off your project.

Jack Fields said:
Jack Fields said:
...a pink glittery M1 Pestar, and I'm so proud of him I might call him my spirit animal (even though I didn't use your actual paints on him). But I might be even more proud of my upcoming marmit ghidora with gold body and rainbow wings.

Oh, man...this is what I'm talking about! I can't friggin' wait for folks to start posting pics of straight-up kaiju customs...gonna be sick! Welcome aboard, Jack...and by all means, show us whatchu got!
Soon, my grendizer-pocketed robomancer.
Jack Fields said:

Hahaha...you have me at a loss, sir! ;)
I'll be looking forward to seeing this next figure, Jack. You should try and take some better pics of the Gorgos for everybody ;)

Jack Fields said:
Hi Matt, In your guide you state " Wipe figure down with 70% rubbing alcohol". I assume this is to clean any mold release left and slightly etch the surface so paint will adhere well. Do you recommend this for resin as well ? Also what does the 70 % refer to ? Thanks, Bob
I used undiluted alcohol, and had no problems.
You should already be cleaning off resin pieces before painting to remove any mold release agents, which are much more apparent with resin than vinyl. 70% is the amount of ethanol or isopropyl in the mix out of the bottle... basically just off the shelf rubbing alcohol.

Bob Conge / PLASEEBO said:
Hi Matt, In your guide you state " Wipe figure down with 70% rubbing alcohol". I assume this is to clean any mold release left and slightly etch the surface so paint will adhere well. Do you recommend this for resin as well ? Also what does the 70 % refer to ? Thanks, Bob

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Dead Presidents.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics