Monster Kolor Application Instructions
1. Wipe figure down 2-3 times with 70% rubbing alcohol THROUGHLY ! (even in the hard to reach areas) No Primer Required.
2 Pour color directly into airbrush..For brighter color application shake up & spray white base as your first coat and then layer your colors on top of the white.
3. Layer your colors in sequence from light to dark. Example : White,Yellow,Orange,Blue, Purple,etc
Color can be poured back into bottle to eliminate waste
4. After Colors are applied now you can add specialty paints direct over paints. Example : Pearls,Flakes,etc
Note : the colors will appear dull in appearence up to this point. Dont worry this is correct.
5. Clear Coat : Use in a well ventilated area! Must use an OSHA approved respirator while spraying. This is a 2 component system. It is mixed 2:1 ( 2 parts clear 1 part activator) . Mix small amount with mixing cup provided. For micro mixture please mix 1 part clear ½ part activator.
NOTE: If you are using matte clear coat use one light coat to achieve matte effect. If you apply heavy coats it will want to look glossy.
Usually, 1 coat of clear is all that’s required for the desired gloss level. If you chose to do 2 coats please allow 15 minutes wait time before 2nd coat of clear application.
6. Place figure in a dust free environment at 60 degrees or warmer for 24 hours to cure.
7. If your going to store Monster Kolor for a long period of time between uses I recommend placing the cap plugs back into the bottles to avoid air getting into the bottle and possibly evaporating the solvents out of the paint.
WOW... Just tried mine finally today for the S7 show in Fla.... I must say, this stuff works great!!! Dries and adheres as well as V-Color. Since I wanted to see if it worked with all paint systems, I used MK, V-Color, and Mr. Color... all worked great together. And the color change flakes...WOW flowed suuuuper smooth through my .2mm needle with 0 clogging! VERY impressed. Just waiting a bit to fully cure, then the clear will be flowing...
Thanks for making this available Matt! I can still get V-Color no prob, but for some this will be a very useful product. I'm gonna order more just cuz it's so easy to use!
One question Matt... the plug in the bottle, does that need to stay in, or is it ok to just snap the top closed without worrying about it drying out... cuz i noticed the plugs dont really like to come out, and had to poke a hole in it to get the paint out.
I was wondering about those plugs, too. I'm turning them into hats for knockoff robots.
I'll post up a pic when i get this one done... I'm only one for the FLA show... but i have like 10 other figures to paint... I need to order the full 4oz kit!