About

Welcome to the world wide headquarters for Monster Kolor. This interactive community is a place for all who are interested in the custom painting of toys of all kinds. Feel free to look around, but I encourage you to join in.

Members

Events

Share Us !

Featured Member

Groups

Sponsors

What would forum members recommend for someone who has never airbrushed or painted vinyl figures before? For example, what would be a fairly basic, but complete, recommended beginner's start-up kit? This would include the gun, compressor, hood or ventilation considerations, and everything else that you would need to get started with a "complete" kit, including basic paint colors you should have on hand (to apply directly or for mixing), primers, thinners, brushes, and any other equipment that you should have readily available for a good experience. Brand recommendations welcomed, except we know which brand of paint to use. Beyond beginner start-up recommendations, maybe someone could also suggest moderate and advanced level kits, so folks could choose based on their experience level and/or disposal income.

Views: 982

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that sound interesting at such good price. i plan to get 1-2 weeks vacation. then really work it out to start asap.

eckotyper said:

i started with a badger 175 dual action kit... it retailed for $100 at michaels, but had a 50% off coupon.. paid $50 +tax... i like it alot... i'll upgrade at some point, but for right now it works for me... as far as the compressor... im using a 3 gallon auto  compressor... 20 foot line, and then you just gotta get the fittings to work for the airbrush... its awesome cause u never run out of air... my brush line connects to a moisture trap.. the moisture trap has the standard line fitting for a compressor on the bottom. it works rather good.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
alnsin said:

that sound interesting at such good price. i plan to get 1-2 weeks vacation. then really work it out to start asap.

eckotyper said:

i started with a badger 175 dual action kit... it retailed for $100 at michaels, but had a 50% off coupon.. paid $50 +tax... i like it alot... i'll upgrade at some point, but for right now it works for me... as far as the compressor... im using a 3 gallon auto  compressor... 20 foot line, and then you just gotta get the fittings to work for the airbrush... its awesome cause u never run out of air... my brush line connects to a moisture trap.. the moisture trap has the standard line fitting for a compressor on the bottom. it works rather good.

I have a question that i think goes here.

I bought a starter kit of MK Paints through LuluBell. my question is what PSI is best for airbrushing with MK Paints?

I have it set to 40 but it gets clogged or starts to sputter.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Dead Presidents.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics