Hey everyone! You guys might have seen this on some blogs, twitter, FB, Skullbrain etc... But for thos who haven't please take a moment to check this out...
I'm currently trying to get my first toy made. It is a 8/9" tall standard Sofubi figure named RIkishi. Right now I'm looking for backers on Kickstarter to get this project going. We already have the first 7 vinyl colors picked. It just needs sculpting, and the molds created. The figure will be sculpted by the awesome Chauskoskis.
Here are a few conceptual character designs that we will be working off of for the sculpt. The real leg will be more realistic, and of course it will be sculpted so that everything articulates correctly.
Please take a look at my Kickstarter, watch the video, and if you can back me in any way, I would greatly appreciate it. I want to make an awesome figure for you guys!!! Plus if you back me, the first few levels of backing will get you a blank. Great for spraying with MK!
Replies are closed for this discussion.
OH! I just added a new Backing level for Rikishi! You own a toy store? Want an exclusive run? Check it out here! Kickstarter
Not offended at all. Lets see if I can answer all of your questions...
1. His price is a lot, but fair. This is a LARGE figure!
2. 7k covers sculpt, t-shirt production, packaging, molds, up to about 5 different pours depending on run size, and shipping for all of this stuff. He is a big toy, and will require probably 3 to 4 molds. Not cheap!
3. So far I have about 7 colors of vinyl picked out (including the 3 for the Backers) 3 other colors are pending, but I have an idea... I'm thinking there will be 10 pulls all together.
4. Working on header design now. Like I've mentioned before. I'm not a great 2D artist, so I'm getting some help putting my vision together.
5. Yes, my guy in Japan is used by MANY people here, and in the biz. He's reliable, fair, and VERY helpful
I understand for many, that it is hard to back a project with no sculpt. But if nobody backs it, then nobody will get to see the sculpt. If it doesn't get funded then I might have to try saving for it, which will push it back till next year...
Another option is to start a kickstarter to fund the scupt with some different rewards.
Like I've said all along. I've lined myself up with some GREAT people, to make an awesome toy. No it may not look like the sketch, but you get the general idea... If you think you wanna see a mutant Sumo wrestler that's 9" tall, then please consider backing this project..
And for painters. The first 2 funding classes are for blanks! You're on MK.com! You can show your spraying chops by painting up a uniquely textured 2 sided figure.