About

Welcome to the world wide headquarters for Monster Kolor. This interactive community is a place for all who are interested in the custom painting of toys of all kinds. Feel free to look around, but I encourage you to join in.

Members

Events

Share Us !

Featured Member

Groups

Sponsors

Hello everyone so im thinking i might get an airbrush setup soon! I'm totally new to airbrush so I have no clue. All I know is id like something with a quiet compressor that I could use inside if possible. Any Suggestions?

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check these out.

I use the master airbrushes by the bucket load here at the studio. I know a few peeps on here use there compressors too. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-G23-Gravity-Airbrush-C28-Air-Compres...

Man that looks like a good deal is the compressor loud?

No, they are quiet enough to use in a apartment setting.

MarshallPlex said:

Man that looks like a good deal is the compressor loud?
Sweet!
I started out with aMaster set up. The compressor is still going strong, the airbrushes are good, but not as good as a name brand. Great for starting, or for someone like me who sometimes forgets to clean out his brush.
So I grabbed this very airbrush set and It should be arriving in the mail this week. I also bought a ton of monster color paint to get started. I'm super excited can't wait to play!!!

One thing I didn't realize is that needed an airbrush cleaner pot as well so tonight I just purchased one of those off eBay. Guess I need to get some cleaner as well maybe some paint thinner too or is that the same thing?

Also what do you guys use for primer? I gees lol use the acrylic primer I have now and thin it out with pain thinner?

I have a Badger (model 175) airbrush and I picked up a Sparmax Stormforce compressor.  The airbrush...not that great.  I had a great deal of issues with spray splattering, no spray, air kickback and more with it.  The compressor, though is AMAZING.  Only runs when you're airbrushing, dead quiet overall, moisture trap, small, long airhose, etc. and I picked it up from the local Hobby Lobby (chain store) and used their online 40% off coupon to get it at a steal.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Dead Presidents.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Real Time Web Analytics